Rio de Janeiro hosted the first ever Beach Soccer World Championship in 1995—and Brazil naturally took the title. Since then, the country has won four more times, securing their birthright as kings of football and the beach.
Become a part of Brazil’s favorite pastime! Sign up now to join our competitive football matches on the white sands of Rio's Flamengo Beach. Pass and strike the ball alongside views of Christ the Redeemer and Sugar Loaf Mountain, and make new friends from all over the world. It's the setting of champions!
(Format chosen at field):
- Full Game 6 v 6
- Teams: 2
- Players: Up to 3 subs, Includes Goalie
- Duration: 1 Hour total
- (1) 5 min warm-up, (2) 25 minute halves, (1) 5 min half time
- Rules: Standard
- Match Style 7 v 7
- Teams: 3
- Players: No Subs, Includes Goalie
- Duration: 1.5 Hour total
- Rules: Winner Stays, 7 Minutes or 2 Goals
- Game will not be extended - show up on time!
- Games are high paced and higher scoring
- Shoes are not allowed
- Goal kicks are taken by the goalkeeper using his hands to throw the ball
- Always practice good-sportsmanship
- Ref always has the final say